S. Robert Moradi, MD
Certified Jungian Analyst
Los Angeles, CA 90064
S. Robert Moradi, MD
As a Board Certiﬁed Psychiatrist and Psychoanalyst I see individuals who seek treatment for their emotional pain and search for the value that could be found from reflection on their suﬀering. My approach is psychoanalytic and that places my interest in the communications that emanate from the unconscious psyche including dreams. Our body frequently speaks through illnesses and pain where a psychiatric intervention usually helps in the transformation of the maladies into expansion of consciousness. I prescribe medications as an adjunct when they can facilitate treatment.
In addition to my private practice, as a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA School of Medicine, I regularly teach Psychiatry residents at UCLA, the candidates in the Analyst Training Programs at C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles, New Center for Psychoanalysis and Ph.D. students at Reiss-Davis Graduate Center.
Title of Recent Presentation
- “Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained” Respondent to presentation by Jacob Zighelboim, M.D. at Jung Institute of Los Angeles April 29/2018
- “An Alchemical Path to the Work with Romantic Love “ presented at North-South Conference of Jungian Analysts. Riverside, California. March 4th/2018
- “Dreams and Nightmares of Children.” Panel presentation at New Center for Psychoanalysis, Los Angles, 3/25/2017
- “Clinical Application of Dreams” Series of workshops at C.G. Jung Institute of L.A. February and March 2017
- “Medications and Psychotherapy, How, When and for What for?” Presented at C.G.Jung Institute of Los Angles, December 11/ 2016
- “Nightmares; Our most important dreams. ” Presented at Reiss-Davis Graduate Center. Los Angeles , November 19/2016
- “Nightmares of Children” presented at 20th international congress of Analytical Psychology, September 1st/2016 Kyoto, Japan
- “Dreams: Seeing from Within”. C.G. Jung Institute of L.A. October 11/2015
- “Romantic Love In Clinical Practice” UCLA Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds. May 15/2015
- “Romantic Love In Psychoanalysis; The Unspoken” presented at C.G.Jung Institute of L.A. November 9/2014
- “Romantic Love to Mystical Love” presented at Analytical Psychology Club of Jung Institute of Los Angeles, June 28/ 2014
- “Dreams, A Path to Self Knowledge” Jung Club of Orange County. Series of two workshops, Spring 2014
- “Revisioning the Masculine and Feminine Sides of Men and Women. ” co-presented with Howard Teich, Ph.D. At Jung Institute of L.A. November 8/2013 8. “A Talmudic Approach to Ethics” presented at the workshop on ethics at Jung Institute of L.A. March 16, 2014.
- “Dreams A Window to the Soul.” An all day seminar at the Jung Institute of L.A. October 19/2013
- “Understanding Your Dreams” An 8 session Workshop presented at C. G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles from Feb 8, 2012 to May 23, 2012.
- “The Wounded Healer” Presented at Reiss Davis Child Study Center L.A. May 19/2012
- “The Transference Dreams” Presented at C.G. Jung Institute of L.A. April29/2012
- “Dreams from Jungian Perspective” Presented at Dept. of Psychiatry; UCLA School of Medicine, Nov 1 /2011.
- “Nightmares, Dreams and Memories of Childhood” Presented at C.G. Jung Institute of L.A.; Oct 15, 2011.
Research Papers – Peer Reviewed:
- Why Write Memoirs?” In Psychological Perspective. Vol 59, issue 4/2016
- “Love, Pathos and the Inner Healer; Examples from Analytical Work, Mythology and Rumi’s Poetry. In Psychological Perspectives, Winter/Spring 2010 5.
- “About the Art” In Psychological Perspective. Volume 58, issue 1/ 2015
- “Involving the Family in the Evaluation and Treatment of the Child Patient: A Psychodynamic Approach” Contemporary Family TherapyAn International Journal 16(5), Oct 1994 Human Sciences Press, Inc. New York, N.Y.
- “Male Delusional Depressed Patients: Response to Treatment.” British Journal of Psychiatry, August 1979, Volume 135, pages 136-138.
- “Evaluation of Student Opinion Regarding Curriculum in an Iranian Medical School.” Co-author, British Journal of Medical Education, Volume 8, Number 22, pages 127-130, June 1974.
Research Paper – Non-Peer-Reviewed
- ”The Father-Child Connection: A Struggle of Contemporary Man” In Psychiatric Times- Vol.XIV, No.1, January 1997
Chapters in Books
- “The Interpretation of Iranian Depressive Illness and Dysphoric Affect.” Co-author, Chapter in the book: Culture and Depression, Studies in the Anthropology and Cross Cultural Psychiatry of Affect and Disorder. Ed. Arthur Kleinman and Byron Good, University of California Press, 1985.
- “Family Therapy Evaluation & Treatment Planning” Chapter in the Book: The Handbook of Infant & Adolescent Psychotherapy: A Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment. Ed. Bonnie S. Mark and James InCorvaia. Published by Jason Aronson Inc. 1995.
- “The-Father-Infant Toddler Group” Chapter in the Book “The Handbook of Infant, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy” Volume 2; New Directions in Integrative Treatment. Ed: Bonnie S. Mark & James InCorvaia. Published by Jason Aaronson Inc. 1997