ARAS Teen LA
A Summer Program for Teens in the Study of Archival Research into Archetypal Symbolism in collaboration with the Hilde Kirsch Children’s Center.
The collections of ARAS explore human creative expression through signs and symbols, archetypes, and images of art and historical objects that span across cultures, geography, and time. ARAS offers a unique opportunity to connect with symbols in art and culture through research. Students discover the world through images by exploring these ideas in both the ancient and contemporary world. The Archive includes 17,000 images from all over the world and from all epochs of human history accompanied by scholarly commentary. Our mission is to bring awareness to the power of symbolic images and the profound role they play in our lives today.
Explore ARAS at aras.org.
ARAS Teen LA is an intensive FREE two-week art program for teens age 14-17 in Los Angeles.
- Go on an inner journey with symbols to grow a deeper understanding of
themselves and others
- Explore a symbol that speaks to them by using collage, poetry, and journaling
- Create original works of art inspired by universal symbols
- Participate in field trips to museums, galleries, nature reserves, and artist
- Learn how to use libraries and archives
- Meet with working artists
- Present their final work that expresses the meaning of their symbol in their
Program dates are July 10-21, 2023 (Monday through Friday for two weeks)
10am-3pm in person at the CG Jung Institute of Los Angeles.
Participants are required to attend all days.
This is a FREE program with all supplies included!
Applications are available through the links on this page. The application deadline is June 1st, 2023. Interviews will be in June 2023.
Thanks so much!