Papers should be submitted by email to:
Please use the word “Submission” in the subject line. For more information, please call Caroline Davis at (310) 556-1193 ext. 2210.
Submit a Paper
Psychological Perspectives accepts essays, articles, short fiction, poems, art, and reviews. The deadline for submissions are May 15th and December 15th.
Thank you for choosing to submit your paper to us. These instructions will ensure we have everything required so your paper can move through peer review, production and publication smoothly. Please take the time to read and follow them as closely as possible, as doing so will ensure your paper matches the journal’s requirements.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
Psychological Perspectives is an international, peer-reviewed journal publishing high-quality, original research. Please see the journal’s Aims & Scope for information about its focus and peer-review policy.
Please note that this journal only publishes manuscripts in English.
PREPARING YOUR PAPER
Essays, articles, short fiction, poems, art, and reviews
- Should be written with the following elements in the following order: title page; abstract; main text; acknowledgments; declaration of interest statement; references; appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figures; figure captions (as a list.)
- Should contain an unstructured abstract of 250 words.
- Manuscripts should be between 15 and 20 double-spaced pages.
- Biographical note. Please supply a short biographical note for each author. This could be adapted from your departmental website or academic networking profile and should be relatively brief (e.g., no more than 200 words).
- Figures. Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for color, at the correct size). Figures should be supplied in one of our preferred file formats: EPS, PDF, JPEG, TIFF, or Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX) files are acceptable for figures that have been drawn in Word. For information relating to other file types, please consult our Submission of electronic artwork document.
- Tables. Tables should present new information rather than duplicating what is in the text. Readers should be able to interpret the table without reference to the text. Please supply editable files.
- Equations. If you are submitting your manuscript as a Word document, please ensure that equations are editable. More information about mathematical symbols and equations.
- Your manuscript must also be accompanied by a statement that it has not been published elsewhere and that it has not been submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere.
FORMATTING AND TEMPLATES
Papers should be submitted in Word format. Figures should be saved separately from the text. To assist you in preparing your paper, we provide formatting template(s). Word templates are available for this journal. Please save the template to your hard drive, ready for use.
Figures should be saved separately from the text. The main document should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins on all sides, and all pages should be numbered consecutively. Text should appear in 12-point Times New Roman or other common 12-point font.
SUBMITTING YOUR PAPER
Please note that Psychological Perspectives uses Crossref™ to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to Psychological Perspectives you are agreeing to originality checks during the peer-review and production processes.
There are no submission fees, publication fees or page charges for this journal.
Color figures will be reproduced in color in your online article free of charge. If it is necessary for the figures to be reproduced in color in the print version, a charge will apply.
Charges for color figures in print are $400 per figure (£300; $500 Australian Dollars; €350). For more than 4 color figures, figures 5 and above will be charged at $75 per figure (£50; $100 Australian Dollars; €65). Depending on your location, these charges may be subject to local taxes.
Please use double quotation marks, except where “a quotation is ‘within’ a quotation”. Please note that long quotations should be indented without quotation marks.
Submissions to Psychological Perspectives should follow the style guidelines described in APA Style (7th ed.). Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (11th ed.) should be consulted for spelling.
USING THIRD-PARTY MATERIAL IN YOUR PAPER
You must obtain the necessary permission to reuse third-party material in your article. The use of short extracts of text and some other types of material is usually permitted, on a limited basis, for the purposes of criticism and review without securing formal permission. If you wish to include any material in your paper for which you do not hold copyright, and which is not covered by this informal agreement, you will need to obtain written permission from the copyright owner prior to submission. More information on requesting permission to reproduce work(s) under copyright.
Please visit Instructions for authors for more information.