- This event has passed.
Finding One’s Path: A Painting Workshop
September 29 @ 3:30 pm - October 27 @ 5:30 pmPrepaid Cost: $160.00 – $190.00
Presented by Marion Anderson, Ph.D.
5 Thursdays: September 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, 2022 – 3:30 – 5:30 pm
- Describe the differences between Active Imagination and painting inner images.
- Give an example of when it would be therapeutically appropriate to incorporate active imagination.
- Demonstrate how symbolic content can be expressed through painting images of the unconscious.
- Describe how evoking symbols from the unconscious can have a healing effect.
- Describe how this technique can be helpful during times of emotional transition.
- Describe factors, which contribute to the development of a symbolic attitude.
- Describe how creating an image with the hands can evoke a more active attitude.
- Describe how bringing unconscious images into consciousness can be used to strengthen ego development.
- Describe the evolution of symbols over a period of guided imagery.
- Describe how to amplify an image within a group process.
Marion Anderson, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and Jungian analyst at the C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles. At the moment, she sees clients online and has a private practice in Santa Monica where she works with adults who suffer from anxiety, depression, trauma, cultural adaptation, and major life transitions. Dr. Anderson is also a certified sandplay therapist and speaks German, English, and Portuguese.
Psychologists/LCSWs/MFTs/LPCCs: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Nurses: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is an accredited provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Registered Nurses may claim only the actual number of hours spent in the educational activity for credit.