Painting Inner Images: On Vulnerability
April 14 @ 3:00 pm - May 5 @ 5:00 pmPrepaid Cost: $110 – $130
Presented by Marion Anderson, Ph.D.
4 Wednesdays: April 14 , 21, 28, May 5 – 3:00 pm-5:00 pm.
During unusual times in the outer world, we resource to the voice of our inner nature, the unconscious. C.G. Jung, in personal times of crisis, resourced to contacting his inner images and found new directions in his outer life. In this online workshop, we will work with symbols of nature while contacting the wisdom of the unconscious to find a balancing standpoint. This 4-week series will include guided imagination and concretely painting those images at the comfort of your home. The last class will give us an opportunity to look at the series of images and attempt some interpretations of their meaning. For this class, it will be necessary to purchase coloring material of your choice and paper. (more detailed information after enrollment.)
- Demonstrate how symbolic content can be expressed through painting images of the unconscious
- Describe how evoking symbols from the unconscious can have a healing effect
- Describe how this technique can be helpful during times of emotional transition
- Describe how creating an image with the hands can evoke a more active attitude.
- Describe how bringing unconscious images into consciousness can be used to strengthen ego development
- Describe how to amplify an image within a group process.
- Describe the value of interpreting (or not interpreting) a patient’s productions of the unconscious
- Describe the advantages of delayed interpretation of symbols
Psychologists: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes CPA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs and MFTs. The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Nurses: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is an accredited provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Registered Nurses may claim only the actual number of hours spent in the educational activity for credit.