Painting Fairy Tale Imagery-Session 2
October 20 @ 4:00 pm - November 10 @ 6:00 pmPrepaid Cost: $110 – $125
Presented by Marion Anderson, Ph.D.
4 Wednesdays: , October 20-November 10 , 2021; 4:00-6:00 pm
Encountering images of the unconscious can have healing effects and provide a renewed attitude. Giving form to meaningful inner images through painting provides the participants access to psychic energy from the unconscious. In 4 weekly workshop encounters on zoom, we will explore the archetypal contents of a fairy tale by painting important individual images and sharing the experience of our personal processes with the group.
For mental health professionals, the exploration and lived experience of archetypal forces through personal inner imagery is necessary and helpful to guide clients in their search of renewed attitudes and symbolic depth as C.G. Jung proposes in his work. This workshop is for adults only and no previous experience with painting is necessary.
- Describe the power of images of the unconscious;
- Describe the difficulties that can occur when expressing inner images;
- Define shadow work through symbols of inner images;
- Describe how painting symbols from the unconscious can have a healing effect on clients;
- Describe how this technique can be helpful during times of emotional transition;
- Describe how creating an image with the hands can stimulate a more active attitude;
- Demonstrate how symbolic content expressed through painting images of the unconscious can help professionals to guide clients through trauma and crisis situations;
- Describe the advantages of delayed interpretation of symbols.
Marion Anderson, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and Jungian analyst at the C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles. At the moment, she sees clients online and has a private practice in Santa Monica where she works with adults who suffer from anxiety, depression, trauma, cultural adaptation, and major life transitions. Dr. Anderson is also a certified sandplay therapist and speaks German, English, and Portuguese.
Psychologists/LCSWs/MFTs/LPCCs: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Nurses: The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles is an accredited provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Registered Nurses may claim only the actual number of hours spent in the educational activity for credit.